Upon acceptance of the accompanying Membership Application by Trade to Travel Incorporated, the signer of the Membership Application (hereafter referred to as "Member") shall be considered a "Member" of "Trade to Travel Incorporated" for a period of one year. This agreement shall continue to be in effect for as long as the Member hosts (or is willing to host) one or more of their fellow TTT members for a minimum of one high season week each year.
Membership in "Trade to Travel" (TTT) is subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Member shall submit to TTT a complete, signed, Membership Application along with $2500 USD one-time membership fee (there is no annual fee). If member hosts one high season week within 6 months of becoming a member, the membership fee will be waived or refunded.
- Upon acceptance of the Member's Application, a "Point Value" (or range of "Point Values") shall be assigned to each property. Each point represents $1,000 of rental value (or rack rate or charter value).
- All members of TTT agree to make at least one "High Season" week available to their fellow TTT members each year.
- TTT will make every reasonable effort to fulfill each request for accommodations made by Member, or to offer appealing alternative properties of comparable value.
- Points for hosting a TTT member in your property shall be awarded when the "Host Confirmation" and "Guest Confirmation" are sent out by TTT. In the event that a Guest cancels a particular request for accommodations after signing a "Guest Intent," the Host shall retain his/her points regardless of whether or not TTT is able to "re-book" the property for the stated time period.
- "Point Values" for properties often fluctuate according to season. Point Values may be assigned for "holidays", "high season", "shoulder season" and "low season." One TTT point represents $1,000 of rental value, therefore the Point Value for each property will vary according to seasonal rental values. For properties which are not rental properties, "Point Values" shall be assigned according to the rental rates of comparable properties in the same geographic location.
- All members who host one or more high season weeks each year enjoy 90% savings each time we arrange accommodations for them (since our transaction fees for these members are equal to 10% of the rental value of the accommodations). Members who do not host for one or more high season weeks each year enjoy 80% saving each time we arrange accommodations for them (since our transaction fees for these members are 20% of the rental value of the accommodations).
- Each time TTT arranges accommodations for a member, a "Host Intent" is signed by the Host and a "Guest Intent" is signed by the Guest.
- Once the signed "Host Intent" and the signed "Guest Intent" and the transaction fee has been received by TTT, the Host and Guest shall receive written Confirmations. Only after TTT sends both the "Host Confirmation" and the "Guest Confirmation" shall an agreement be considered "Final." Guests should never make their travel arrangements (airfare, car rental, etc.) until they have received their Confirmations from the offices of TTT.
- If a Member signs a "Host Intent" and later retracts his/her consent to that agreement, that Member shall forfeit his/her membership in TTT along with any/all points which he/she may have accrued with TTT.
- If a Host cancels an agreement after signing a "Host Intent," the Guest shall receive a full refund of their transaction fee and points. TTT shall not be held liable for any consequential or incidental costs which the Guest has incurred in the process of arranging his/her/their intended stay in the Host's property (airfare, car rental, etc.).
- If a Guest cancels an agreement after signing a "Guest Intent," that Guest shall forfeit the entire transaction fee and all points involved in the broken agreement. In this situation, the Host shall agree to allow TTT to attempt to arrange for a different TTT Guest to visit their property for the involved time period. Whether or not TTT is able to "re-book" the property, the Host shall retain all promised points.
- When hosting a TTT guest, Hosts agree to have furnishings, linens, carpets and all other interior and exterior property features in the condition stated on (or superior to that stated in) their Membership Application, and they agree to inform TTT of any changes in the property's condition (for better or for worse).
- Hosts agree that their TTT Guests have the right to use all amenities customarily connected with their property.
- During the time period in which a TTT member hosts a TTT Guest, the Host agrees to give up all rights to use any portion of the reserved property for that time period.
- Hosts shall always be responsible for pre-arrival and post-departure housekeeping and may ask their Guests for a minimal cleaning fee.
- TTT Guests are asked (and expected) to leave their Host's property in good condition with the refrigerator empty, oven and counter tops clean, dishes in the dishwasher, linens stripped and placed in the laundry room, and garbage taken out.
- Guests are always responsible for any/all damages which any member of their party causes to their Host's property during their stay in that property. In the event that a TTT member refuses to be responsible for, and make full financial restitution for, any/all damage to their Host's property, caused by themselves or anyone in their party, that TTT member shall lose their membership in TTT. If such a circumstance should arise, TTT agrees to be responsible for the first $1000 of any/all damage.
- All TTT members are required to have and maintain homeowner's insurance appropriate to cover any/all non-paying guests in their property.
- Guests are responsible for any/all personal expenses incurred during their stay in a Host's property. Furthermore, Guests agree to use calling cards and/or make collect telephone calls during their stay in a Host's property. (Please note that many countries charge for local calls).
- TTT Members who have signed a "Guest Intent" stating that he/she/they are to be Guests in another TTT member's property for an agreed upon period of time, agree to waive all claims against TTT in the event that a reserved property becomes unavailable due to natural disaster, an Act of God, and/or any event beyond the control of TTT.
- Members are always free to place restrictions upon the use of their properties, such as restrictions regarding the ages of children allowed in their properties, no-smoking restrictions, no pets, etc.
- Guests shall never have pets in or around their Host's property unless prior permission has been granted by their Host.
- TTT Members may allow their points to be enjoyed by immediate family (and occassionally by friends with the Host's consent). Family members/friends shall be considered by TTT to be an "Associate Member" of TTT. When an "Associate Member" visits a TTT property, the TTT Member shall agree, by being the individual to sign the Guest Intent," to assume full responsibility for the actions of the "Associate Member."
- Corporate properties are to name an "Authorized Representative" to act as their liason with TTT and this Representative shall be authorized by the Corporation to make decisions in the Corporation's behalf. The Corporation shall honor the Representative's promises/decisions/signature.
- Member agrees to notify TTT if and when the property is placed on the market for sale. TTT will allow the member to transfer his/her TTT membership to another property and will allow the buyer of the original property to become a member of TTT (subject to reference checks). If a Member sell his/her property, all points which that member has accrued in TTT shall never expire and shall be usable by that Member as long as that Member remains in good standing with TTT.
- The "Terms and Conditions" of this Agreement are subject to change. TTT will make every reasonable effort to inform all members of any/all significant changes.
- This Agreement shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the British Virgin Islands, and any legal action taken by a Member against Trade to Travel Incorporated must take place within the courts of the British Virgin Islands. Acceptance and Maintenance of membership in Trade to Travel is acceptance of, and consent to, the personal jurisdiction of these courts. TTT Members, by signing their TTT Membership Application, agree to pay all court costs incurred by TTT in the event that an action of law or in equity is initiated by Member against TTT in which Trade to Travel Incorporated prevails.
- Trade to Travel Incorporated has the right to suspend or terminate this membership without further obligation should Member fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions of the TTT Membership Application, with all points accrued forfeited.
Member may cancel this membership without any penalty or obligation, within seven calendar days from your execution of this contract unless you have already used the travel services provided in connection with this travel services agreement. If you have already used the travel services provided, you may still cancel this transaction within seven calendar days from your execution hereof, but you are not entitled to a refund of any prior payments made for the specific travel services utilized.
To cancel this transaction, please mail or deliver a signed and dated copy of this cancellation notice or any other written notice to: Trade to Travel, Sea Meadows House, Road Town, Tortola VG1110 British Virgin Islands.